Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Images from my parent's house

My most personal of flowers is this little rose bush which blooms small roses that are not as well respected. This rose bush grew for a small garden I had as a child and didn’t have success at planting anything. I am not sure why this rose bush grew there, but it became the centerpiece of a pet graveyard. I had many small pets growing up, so I dug around it more often than I liked saying goodbye to short lived loved ones.


There are lots of various flowers growing around my parent’s yard which is along the Columbia River.




My father has a family background in Iris growing and so has become obsessed. I feel that it being a family flower so to speak, I should like them more, but they are kind of hard to photograph. My mom requested I take a picture of the blue iris, even though it was not her favorite, but to show off the different blues.




Hummingbirds fly by often looking for something sweet to drink. During the busy season, by dad restocks the feeders once or twice a day. And there are three on sight.

1 comment:

  1. You are a talented photographer, CL. Your passion for the subjects shines through in each and every shot.

    ReplyDelete